A New Blog

Hello there! My name is Benjamin Issa, and I have decided to start a blog. I realize that most personal blogs like this one have a pattern: They have a starting post, (much like this one), and a few beginning posts for the first few weeks. Then there's a two week break. Then an apology for not posting more, and a half-baked entry that barely amounts to more than a few sentences in a last minute effort to post something. Then another few week break, an apology, another break, and so begins the pattern of most blogs, punctuated only with occasional entries that are no where near in caliber to the first few.

Instead, I'm going to start this blog with honesty: Posting to this blog will probably be rare, limited to once every few weeks, or even months.

I realize the idea of a blog updated so infrequently may seem almost superfluous. Still, every now and then I find myself really drawn to the idea of sharing a few ideas on the internet. Occasionally I find myself thinking "I bet I could write a reasonably good essay on this topic" when thinking about some concept or idea. This of course, carries the implication that I actually have ideas, which will surprise those who know me.

Despite this, I would like to try this out as an experiment. I probably won't even link to this blog anywhere until I manage to prove to myself after a few months that I'm really going to put effort into this thing. The idea of starting this blog has been rolling around in my head for several months, and today I have a cold and am stuck in my apartment, so it seemed like the perfect opportunity to do so.

I am a Computer Science major at Brigham Young University. Welcome to the Benjamin Issa blog. We'll see if it actually becomes something.

Comments